Friday, October 17, 2014

Yep, I'm doing Dewey's Read-a-thon!




I took the day off from work, but since the boys were also out of school, and Jeff left a to-do list for me, I haven't had a chance to do what I'd originally planned to do today: to get some more of my books in order before the read-a-thon, and do some of the housecleaning I won't do tomorrow because I will be reading. So, this is not a long or fancy or detailed post, but just a quick one to say:

It's Read-a-Thon time, and I am IN!

I'm so excited for tomorrow!  :-)


Updating at 2pm Central Time, 10/18

The read-a-thon started at 7am my time, but I didn't start reading until 8. My progress so far:
8-9am:  Faithful and Virtuous Night by Louise Gluck (poems), 35 p.
9-10am:  Gluck, 23 p.
10-11am:  Gluck, 11 p. (finished book)
11am-12noon:  Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel (novel), 18 p.
noon-1pm:  Mandel, 24 p.
1-2pm:  none -- I had lunch, looked at a few blogs, then took a shower and got dressed. I feel refreshed and am ready to get back to Station Eleven, which is very good so far!

 

No comments: