Saturday, April 10, 2010

Quick notes before I start Read-a-Thon



My tea is steeping, and as soon as I get my breakfast ready, I'm going to start reading King Dork by Frank Portman. I am slightly bummed because I forgot my poetry anthology, The Art of Losing, at work yesterday, so won't be reading any of that one today. :-( I left early because we were going to the KC Royals game last night, and wanted to get an early start out of town. When I was collecting all my stuff to get out of there, I was carrying my coat but not my book. But, heaven knows I have plenty of other poetry books here at home, so I can get some poetry in today if my mood requires it.

We didn't get home from KC till just after midnight, and I didn't get to sleep till after 1am, so I knew I wouldn't be up to start at my time zone's official start time of 7am. I was okay with that -- part of the reason I agreed to go to the game was because I could then claim more time for myself and my reading today, when we don't have other plans. ;-) So it's about 820am now, and I'm a little tired, and I have a bit of allergy-related stuffy-head headache. But my head will feel better as I get moving, and when I've started having breakfast, and of course when I start READING.

A couple cheerleaders have already left me comments today on my last blog post, and their encouragement and enthusiasm is MUCH appreciated on this sleepy morning!!! I'll get my laptop set up later so I can spread the reading love, too. Thank you, Cheerleaders!!!

19 comments:

Shanyn said...

My Book
by David L. Harrison

I did it!
I did it!
Come and look at what I've done!
I read a book!
When someone wrote it
Long ago
For me to read,
How did he know
That this was the book
I'd take from the shelf
And lie on the floor
And read by myself?
I really read it!
Just like that!
Word by word,
From first to last!

HeathMochaFrost said...

Hi Shanyn! Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing that cute poem! I jumped over to your blog, and am amazed that you left 38 comments before you started reading -- and did you say, you left all those comments before having breakfast?!?!? I'm not a morning person, and sometimes the thought of breakfast is what gets me out of bed! So yeah, for me, definitely breakfast first.

I just put down my print book and will switch back to my audio now, and clean the kitchen while my family is out of the house. I'm really enjoying both of my choices, yay!

The Book Whisperer said...

Hey Marie

Just popping over to cheer on the cheerleaders! Hope you're having fun and managing to get plenty of reading done. Thanks for helping out :o)

Go Team Shelley!

Boof x

Kailana said...

Hope you are getting lots of great reading done! Happy reading!

Miss K said...

I hope it's going well. What are you reading now?

Maree said...

I hope you're enjoying your readathon and having fun! :D

HeathMochaFrost said...

Cheerleaders really ARE the best! Thank you so much! :-)

Miss K -- I've been switching back and forth between the same two novels: King Dork by Frank Portman, my "print" selection that I started this morning, and On Beauty by Zadie Smith in audio, which I was a couple hours into before the read-a-thon. I'll probably read some poetry too, later this evening.

Time for a quick dinner, then back to housecleaning, with Zadie Smith for company. I don't think I'll finish it today -- it's about 15 CDs! -- but I'll make great progress, and I'm loving it. :-)

melissa @ 1lbr said...

Keep going! You're doing great!

Cindy said...

There's only a few hours left to go! keep up the reading!

Esme said...

I hope your reading is going well.

Anonymous said...

I hope you're feeling better now. Just keep at it and have fun. Happy reading! :D

sprite said...

You can do it! Keep it up!

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

Have you turned in yet? Just stopping by to do some bolstering! Now I need to go bolster myself! Happy reading...or sleeping?!

=O)

Dreamybee said...

Hope you are still having fun! That lack of sleep can sure catch up with you thought-take a nap if you need it then get back up and back at it. Or stay in bed. I would not fault you one bit!

Shelly B said...

Not sure if you're still up and reading...if you are, keep it up!

Rebecca Chapman said...

King Dork - what a great title!!! I hope you have a great readathon!!!

Diar A. said...

Are you still reading now? Hope the allergy doesn't bother you too much while reading. Keep reading and have fun :)

Booksnyc said...

great job! Keep reading!!

Kathleen said...

I see from your tweet feed that you've likely already headed to bed or will be soon. Hope you enjoyed the readathon!